Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Progression of a Northern Cavefish

So here I am filling the time between work and sleep (times 5) before I can really break loose and head out to NOS country.
For those of you geographically challenged, Foreign or just plain too lazy to re-read my first blog, NOS is any place north of Hwy number 7 in Ontario, Canada. That, by the way, covers a very large area full of interesting individuals that hunt, fish, don't bathe, and generally defy all laws of common sense when doing just about anything. Someone NOS can fix anything with 2 items, Duct Tape and WD40. If its stuck use WD40, if it won't stick together, use Duct Tape....But that I recon' is a whole 'nother Blog Y'all.
So Back to the progression...by the way you will notice that get scattered quite often and will flip back and forth until you get dizzy or annoyed or both but I really am trying to stick to my topic, honest...But that is a whole 'nother Blog...I gotta stop saying that.
Picture time, I know I promised you and I won't disappoint. Without further adieu let me present the original, one and only FSCavefish (that would FutureShop cavefish for those that like to know acronyms...yes I mean you Mr. and Mrs. computer geek). This is the predecessor to the Northern cavefish before the transformation.
FSCavefish gets a taste of life outside of his cave and decides that the outdoors are where he belongs. Having meager possessions, cash, motivation and direction this becomes his weekend getaways: Sibbald Point by Bicycle, one hour by car, 9 by bicycle (what the hell were we thinking)


Ahh but the FSCavefish actually does have motivation (you try 9 hours on Bicycle) and endeavours to travel a little further a field with a much faster bike, so now we graduate: Balsam Lake

Remember a FSCavefish needs to eat and drink: Dinner, Meow Mix (could be corned beef from tin, shhhlllooop! or flakes of whatever meat is on sale with Mr. Noodles. Good, nutritious, wholesome artey clogging, easy to make dinner...sorry Charley, FSCavefish is not a cannibal at this point in time). Balsam Lake:



Drink of choice...none other than the king of lawnmower beers, Tallship extrodinaire...EX...it says it all (pay no attention to the funnel hanging on the side of the table, its just decoration, honest). After a case of that I'd be saying it all as well, usually to my good buddy ralph. This is Sherwood forest (never did meet Robin hood), Picton...not quite North of Seven but must be a breeding ground for NOS folk as they need a working cash register to make change of 95 cents from a dollar. Want to sit in on the exchange? sure you do:

Sherwood storekeep:That will be 95 cents
Me: Here's a dollar
Sherwood Storekeep (at the cash register): arite let me see, I push this button, Dang! Hey Ma, how do you work this goll durn thing, Hey Ma!!!

Me: You know what, keep the Nickel...

Sherwood Storekeep: Naw, I got put this in so I can figer your change...Hey Ma, get out here!

FSCavefish does sleep and is able to carry his home with him: Red Pine lake, home of killer attack chipmunks and raw bacon eating turtles. Once on the point, once on the island of Rock (try to peg a tent down on rock, I dare you)...leave the heavy stuff in fly away dome tents...ask me how I know...





Side note time: did you know that cavefish are extremely light and jump off skinny branches? look closely at the left foot: Somewhere NOS not sure where but there was water.


So now its time to sleep...tune in next time for the inspiration to change into, dant dant dant daaaa....The Northern Cavefish.

2 comments:

jacquie-sue on June 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM said...

I have to say Mr. Ruggedly Handsome etc. Cavefish I really wondered what crap I was getting this morning :) NEVER did I expect it to be a blog from you...and NEVER would I have thought it would be well done :)

But here it is, I've enjoyed reading it, and even laughed at times. Well done indeed!

Steve on June 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM said...

Cool blog Cavefish! I remember most of this. Wasn't that funnel used to collect rainwater? Can't think of any other possible uses?!?!

Post a Comment